COVID-19 Patient Information
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, the safety of our patients and staff remains our first priority.
At this time, the practice is open for the usual trading hours, and appointments for all services are proceeding as planned. Telemedicine either by phone or videoconferencing has been introduced as an additional service to our practice.
As per the current health recommendations, we are implementing social distancing and additional infection control policies as follows:
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of our practice to prevent viral transmission
- Hand sanitiser is widely available throughout the practice
- Removing magazines and toys from our waiting room – we encourage you to bring your own and avoid sharing them with other patients
During your time in our centre, we ask that you help us maintain a sanitary environment by:
- Coughing and sneezing directly into your elbow, or into a tissue which can be immediately disposed of
- Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact
- Using the hand sanitiser provided
- Minimising the number of family members/friends that accompany you where possible. A support person during your consultation is always welcome, provided they are not unwell.
Due to the high transmission rate, we kindly ask that you delay your visit to the practice if you:
- Experience any flu-like symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, headache, sore throat)
- Have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have recently returned from overseas travel
If you are unwell or have been asked to enter quarantine or self-isolation, we ask that you notify us immediately on (03) 9470 1954 so we can assist by rescheduling your appointment.
The best way to prevent serious effects of the virus is to:
- Keep yourself fit and well
- Eat a nutritious and balanced diet
- Get adequate sleep
- Look after each other
- with kindness (do not underestimate its value)!
- by washing your hands frequently
- by keeping a social distance
We will endeavour to keep you updated via our web page as the situation changes. Patients will be notified as soon as possible if there are any changes to our scheduling or services. You may also call the practice directly on (03) 9470 1954 or look at our website for further advice.
For updates from the Victorian Government: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-update